An overnight women’s shelter providing a safe place for our unsheltered sisters to sleep at night.
There are over 450 women living on the streets in Marion County at any given time. These women are subject to increased risk of assault, rape and robbery every day.
We're working to change that. With the support of our community partner, Inside Out Ministries, we're launching a new overnight shelter for women.
SafeSleep is a community solution to an ever-growing problem. We are providing a safe, warm, secure place for women to sleep, eat and have access to wrap around supports that increase their chances of rebuilding their lives.
We need your help to make it happen as soon as possible. The longer we wait, the more women on the streets will suffer needlessly.
SafeSleep UNITED is a community impact partnership with Inside Out Ministries and United Way of the Mid-Willamette Valley
INTERESTED IN VOLUNTEERING?
SafeSleep UNITED is an all women's shelter - to assure the safety, security and mental health of our guests, all volunteers must be female.
Here are some basic guidelines for volunteering:
• Maintain a safe, supportive environment within the shelter.
• Monitor facility to maintain safety of guests and shelter space.
• Set up meals, following all food safety guidelines.
• Ability to maintain clear personal and professional boundaries.
• Ability to remain alert and on duty throughout shifts.
• Ability to respond responsibly in emergency and crisis situations.
Shift 1: midnight to 4am
Shift 2: 4am to 8am
Shift 3: 6am to 8am
Shift 4: 6pm to 9pm
Shift 5: 9pm to 11:59
© United Way of the Mid-Willamette Valley | 455 Bliler Ave. NE Salem, OR | Tax ID# 93-0395586