For Non Profits

United Way of the Mid-Willamette Valley works collaboratively throughout Marion, Polk and Yamhill Counties to identify community needs, and direct resources toward partnerships and programs that will result in the most successful long-term outcomes.  We strive to improve lives by supporting several unique initiatives that strengthen our community and provide valuable resources for individuals, families and organizations.

As a nonprofit, you're a central partner of United Way in working for community change. We support your work with resources including volunteers, goods and materials, advocacy and — where strategies align — funding.

United Way of the Mid-Willamette Valley oversees several unique initiatives and programs that strengthen our community by building your nonprofit organization's capacity to provide services including:

  • Transportation Assistance Program (Salem Keizer area, and Yamhill County only)
    This program assists individuals and families by providing bus passes or gas vouchers (Yamhill only) to local non-profit organizations who distribute the passes or vouchers for specific purposes such as seeking employment, medical or dental appointments, education, social services appointment, access to basic needs, case management, or other critical health and human services.  Find out more about the Transportation Assistance Program.
  • GOOD360
    Local nonprofit agencies have access to large scale donations of goods and materials, at no cost to the nonprofit.  Find out more about the Good360 Program.
  • 211 Info
    2-1-1 is an easy-to-remember, toll-free phone number that connects callers with local community services such as food, shelter, counseling, employment assistance, elder care, legal help, and more.  United Way provides 211info biz cards, posters and other marketing materials to non-profits at no charge.  Find out more about 211.
  • FamilyWize Discount Prescription Cards
    Any of your clients, your family, your co-workers, or members of your church or neighborhood can use the FamilyWize card - Immediately. You can even use it if you have health insurance, both during deductible periods and for anything your insurance does not pay for.  Find out more or download the FamilyWize Discount Prescription Card.
  • Emergency Food and Shelter Funding
    Funds appropriated by Congress, through FEMA, are available to local communities who wish to expand the capacity of food and shelter programs in high-need areas.  Find out more about EFSF.

If you have questions about the designated donor funds your non-profit receives from United Way, please contact us at 503-363-1651.