Our mission is to connect people with resources to help build a strong community. We’re about partnerships that provide convenience and benefits for our donors, our corporate partners, and the nonprofit agencies we invest in.
Hosting a United Way giving campaign in the workplace provides an opportunity to bring your employees together to learn more about the critical issues in the communities where they live, work and play. It also offers them options for giving, advocacy and volunteering and helps them come together as a team—because we all know that no one person or organization can do it alone.
Opportunities to partner with United Way are only as limited as your imagination
- Host a workplace giving campaign
- Host a special event or fundraiser
- Make a corporate gift, or better yet join the President's Leadership Circle
- Donate staff time by participating in the Loaned Executive Program
- Teambuilding through employee engagement and volunteerism
Already a corporate partner? Check out our Campaign Toolkit or view some great workplace giving campaign ideas from our corporate partners.
Interested in partnering with us? We can work with you to tailor your philanthropic goals and build a strategy to engage your employees.
United Way community workplace giving campaigns are about bringing people in local workplaces together to tackle our community's most difficult issues in the areas of education, financial stability and health. We make it easy.
There are many advantages to running a United Way community workplace campaign:
- United Way of the Mid-Willamette Valley offers a simple, convenient and efficient way for your employees to support the community and causes they believe in.
- Your employees may give in regular increments, via payroll deduction through an easy to use system or through paper pledging.
- A workplace campaign will help your company to achieve its Corporate Social Responsibility goals.
- Your employees will be able to tap into a wealth of volunteer opportunities via United Way MWV.
United Way will provide you with all the tools and support you need. To start, check out our Campaign Toolkit, which is loaded with information and resources to help you run a successful workplace campaign.
United Way of the Mid-Willamette Valley is a tested leader in workplace giving and we thoroughly vet our nonprofit members annually to ensure we provide donors with access to the most effective nonprofit organizations in the area.
Allow your employees to donate.
- Offer payroll deductions to ease the process and allow for greater giving.
- Offer to match or enhance employee donations.
Host fundraising events among your customers.
- Give those that frequent your business the opportunity to make a simple donation.
- Offer to donate a percentage of each sale (or special item) to United Way
- Offer to match or enhance customers' donations.
Host an event.
Challenge a competitor to a friendly "wager." You call the stakes. (Examples: Loser wears winner's logo for a day. Winner puts a pie in the loser's face. Loser treats winners office to lunch.)
United Way of the Mid-Willamette Valley connects thousands of dollars of donated goods and services to charitable organizations in Marion, Polk and Yamhill counties. Whether your business would like to donate services (i.e. financial servcies, legal advice, professional organizing, painting, etc.) or give products, there are agencies who can advance their work by leveraging your gift.
Does your company provide a service you could provide to the community? Donating a one-time or continual service to a charity or someone in need can be a rewarding experience for you and your employees. Providing services (i.e. landscaping for a nonprofit, haircuts for individuals seeking jobs, legal assistance for a nonprofit or client in need) is a great way to provide a quality experience for your employees. Instill a sense of pride in your work as you help others through the skills and expertise you use every day.
Do you have sample products or display items that you would like to give away? Have you recently upgraded your office furniture? United Way would be happy to take your tax-deductible in-kind gifts and match them with a charitable organization who could really use the item.
Call (503) 363-1651 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know how you would like to get involved.
Engage your company in a one-day volunteer opportunity or an ongoing initiative. Utilize skills within your company in a volunteer capacity to give back to the community in a meaningful way. United Way provides year-round volunteer projects by matching companies and groups of volunteers to community projects. If your company provides a service you would be willing to provide (such as lawn care, haircuts, financial planning, etc.), we would be happy to match you with a charitable organization who could benefit from your services.
Days of Action
Every June, United Way of the Mid-Willamette Valley connects groups of volunteers with agencies that need help with an on-site project.
For year-round opportunities, or for projects you would like to get involved in, contact United Way at (503) 363-1651 or email email@example.com.
We have answers. Contact Brenda Kidder for more information on workplace giving at (503) 363-1651 or by email.